Saturday 24 March 2012

I am taking one match at a time, says Uthappa

I enjoy playing cricket. It feels good to be back in the side after the one-off game against England in October, to be back in the midst of things," Robin Uthappa said. 
 Comeback man Robin Uthappa believes he has learned a lot during his absence from the Indian team's ranks and said that he was not looking too far ahead in his on-off international career. 

"I enjoy playing cricket. It feels good to be back in the side after the one-off game against England in October, to be back in the midst of things. I am taking it one game at a time. It's a great opportunity and am looking forward to it," said the 26-year-old hard-hitting batsman about his recall to the national team led by Mahendra Singh Dhoni

Uthappa is the only change in the Asia Cup squad led by Dhoni at Dhaka in place of Sachin Tendulkar for the one-off T20 International against South Africa to be played at Johannesburg on March 30. 

"It's a one-way journey where you learn a lot along the way. I certainly have had a lot of learning, am looking forward to playing international cricket again," said the batsman who has kept wickets in junior cricket. 

"It requires a lot of hard work (to make a comeback). You need to learn and understand about yourself a little more. Need to know what works for you and trust your instinct and routine so much more, back yourself so much more," he said. 

"I was a very raw player when I played initially for the country (in 2006 when he made his ODI debut against England at Indore). Domestic cricket has been a big boon for me. Even IPL has been great, a place where I have learnt a lot about myself, what works for me as an individual, as a batsman as an athlete. That has been the learning for me over the last three years," he added. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment